Some fees have been set according to "extreme scenarios", or they try to preserve both market and consensus security, or they are very conservative choices. This gives us space for fee reductions
- If a WindowPoSt is missed, the penalty could be reduced from 5BR per 2350 sectors, to a smaller number (e.g. in fact 5BR was set based on the success of "risking" to fail a single sector - however the probability of missing multiple sectors becomes much smaller).
- PreCommitDeposit was set for convenience to 20BR, however this is overly punitive
- Fee for continued faults does not have to be FF: we left FF for convenience, however it can likely be half of FF.
- Moving to Scenario 2 from Scenario 1 (see transition document) could reduce FF (maybe)
- If we limit number of faults per miner or per sector we could drastically reduce fees.
- Declare Fault fee could be proportional from when it was declared.
- Discount FF/SP for SDR
- A fault after ProveCommit should not be penalized FF/SP since power is added at first window post.
What needs to be done
Come up with a fee reduction analysis after the code has been implemented and propose the fee reduction.