Feb 9, 2022 12:34 PM
Graduated from Notebook
Somewhat obsolete. See project instead.
This note outlines briefly the work items available in the theme of storage market programmability.
Not in priority order.
Enhancements to the built-in storage market
- Contracts as deal clients
- New deal-making flows that support contract making the proposal (no client signature)
- Deals as NFTs, standard APIs
- Market/deal contract interfaces notes
- Not blocked
- Deal client transfer
- Easy, not blocked. Use NFT API.
- Multi-sector deals
- A new deal representation and state that supports composites
- Mostly independent from other items
- Deal incremental funding
- Not blocked
- Not very useful w/o deal renewal or perpetual deals
- Deal renewal, long deals, perpetual deals
- Depends on QAP/FIL+ premium decision, limited if QAP retained
- Better with sector→deal mapping in markets
- [defer to Q3] FIL+ premium replaces QAP
- Make sectors easily programmable, and better FIL+ experience
- Requires miner-market registrations for fault processing
- Capacity deal / dynamic data
- Depends on QAP/FIL+ premium decision (impossible? with QAP)
- New market representation and mechanics
- Needs sector→deal mapping in markets?
- Deal provider transfer
- Depends on QAP/FIL+ premium decision (impossible with QAP)
Changes to enable alternative storage markets
- Miner support for multiple markets
- Move sector→deal mapping into markets
- Address deals as (MarketAddr, DealID) pairs
- Miner informs market of content, rather than ask permission to seal
- Miner market registrations for market fault processing
- For sector termination notification, as well as faults
- FIL+ open to alternative markets
- Depends on QAP/FIL+ premium decision
- Move FIL+ accounting into FIL+ actor?