Jun 10, 2022 1:26 AM
FVM Capabilities & Standards
Graduated from Notebook
Rough ideas about enhancements to the FVM runtime to support more complex actors.
These should be filed as issues in the FVM Specs repo, or as FIP discussion.
Syscalls maybe for M2
- Origin (top-level caller) address (and nonce?)
- e.g. for Predictable actor address generation
- Receiver nonce (for account abstraction)
- Remove DeleteActor
- Expose block.timestamp in seconds. Used by finance, lending protocols, etc.
- Even though it’s computable in normal circumstances, valuable in extreme ones
- Gas price, gas limit, basefee
- Balance() for any address (following Ethereum)
- Contract upgrade mechanism (change actor state tree root to include deployer)
- This is a big thing, not just a syscall
Later (After M2)
- Delegatecall – call code from other actor using this actor’s state storage
- Staticcall - similar, but no side effects
- Any primitives needed by rollups (optimistic verification games, zkSNARKs)
- Merkle Trees primitives - APIs for Merkle inclusion proofs ~Kubuxu