May 2, 2023 1:08 PM
Things we agreed to explore:
- Motivation: there has been significant amount of time spent on this so it makes sense to explore
- Goal: understand NSE, what’s been done, evaluate limitations
- By May 11th, write down the challenges we understood are there for NSE
- How much tunability would NSE give you? How?
- Ideal example of tunability: We want to upgrade hardness a notch and you just provide a new proof of hardness upgrade without doing the whole sealing/unsealing again.
- Timeline: within May, if other approaches are not promising. Otherwise this is in the background
- Q: do Luca and Irene feel there is room for improvement?
- Motivation for some of these approaches is that they may need no SNARK (take for example VC with aggregatable features) and they may yield different security for the provider (compared to SDR, for example)
- MSMs (aleo-style)
- VDF (NB: different than the use of VDF above)
Clarify this a non graph-based approach. Let’s expand how it would work
Goal: make a doc of pros/cons of each. Table is an option with pros/cons
To be added in this doc:
Tunability and what can be improved in PoS.