Data shows that many storage providers only provides storage service for full sector deals. One of the reasons they only provide that option is because:
- when including multiple deals in the same sector with different deal durations,
When all deals are expired/claims reached max term, the snap deal sector can be resnapped with new data. (from a user perspective, they can potentially seal less CC as backups for new snapdeal)
in the longer term, we may bring the (re)snap cost way down
Scope and Goal
There are two possibilities for the scope of this proposal:
- Ability to perform a SnapDeal on a sector where all deals and FIL+ claims have expired.
- Ability to perform a SnapDeal on a sector where there are still active deals and claims by preserving active deals and claims.
- FIP Discussion: https://github.com/filecoin-project/FIPs/discussions/538
Work Items and Timelines
migration(?): with the fundamental work we did in snap deals its possible we do not need it?
If the miner has raw deal data, they can call
RemoveFrom(ActiveSnapSector, RawData ) => OriginalSectorData
- incremental scope:
- resnap whole sector when all deals are expired
- require API to verify all sectors are expired
- accept new deal IDs, and commD of the new commPs
- resnap whole sectors when partial deals are expired, while there is still live deals
- all the currently active deals in the sector have to continue to be in that sector after re-snap
- we will need an API to fetch all the commP for all live deals for the new commD of the sector
- be able to apply for all sectors