Definition of done + expectations for this milestone:
The lotus-miner binary's proving logic is organized into roughly two layers, the FSM which handles chain and deals subsystem interaction and implements configurable operation logic, and the sector storage layer which manages sector data and associated files, calling into the proving ffi as needed.
This issue is to add FSM support to the lotus miner for recording all of the application logic around doing snap deals replica updates. This means crafting new states and a path through them in the FSM taking sectors from empty to provably containing snap deals and recording this on-chain.
- 1) marked for snap deals
- 2) data added
- 3) sector-storage system performs an update, proof, and returns proof data
- 4) communication with the chain
- 5) cleanup of old sector data.
This PR needs the following things done before it can be completed
Ongoing work can be tracked by checking:
FSM changes that we need to make for Snapdeals implementation · Issue #7515 · filecoin-project/lotus
We need to change the pipeline in order to implement changes for SnapDeal
sector-storage supports snap deals · Issue #7525 · filecoin-project/lotus
This issue will be used to track our design + implementation efforts to create a more flexible way to sector storage for SnapDeals Direct DRI to deliver will be: @magik6k will do the design + @ZenGround0 will be involved @ZenGround0 will...
- PR that will introduce Snap deals support for sector storage by adding a new file type - #7615
Feat/snap deals storage by ZenGround0 · Pull Request #7615 · filecoin-project/lotus
Add this suggestion to a batch that can be applied as a single commit. This suggestion is invalid because no changes were made to the code. Suggestions cannot be applied while the pull request is closed. Suggestions cannot be applied while viewing a subset of changes.
Notes and remarks for this milestone
This isn't blocking the current implementation path but still needs to be done within the SnapDeals project
- we are really behind the original estimation, as we discussed In Madeira call.
- @zenground0 and @Łukasz Magiera will pick up this line of work after we integrate lotus and actors work relevant for SnapDeal implementation.
We have been investigating and have a plan at this point for FSM, sector storage is a work in progress
- Implement snap deals without supporting updating snap deals with new deals
- We are going to do the MVP, which means not going to do this currently
- Deal Inputs for the Design
- how we started the discussion + got feedback from Molly as product representative is in this doc: