- To connect the group since we are definitely doing trusted setup for Lightweight sector upgrade.
- @Jonathan Victor and @jake did a lot of the work on this, @Dragan Zurzin will connect with them and share relevant docs
- @Jonathan Victor - how do we plan this? It really depends on the circuits - we are doing upgrades of the existing Circuits. @Friedel Ziegelmayer - It is going to be similar of PoRep, size-wise.
- We should create specs and what the users are going to run. What are we going to run on the side of the circuit?
- @Dragan Zurzin We should define the number of participants? @Jonathan Victor - 15 would be ideal.
- We need to have on-call people since it might take months? @Dragan Zurzin I will include it in my planning doc
- On the logistics side, we have a slack group that we can use, and people there, so that makes this easier - #fil-trustedsetup
- We need to figure out: who goes when in the pipeline? @Jonathan Victor - it’s a major dev/TPM work
- Last time we wanted to have someone from PL, max 5.
- we need to find someone to people who we trust since it’s giving us credibility - ETH people - We can reuse the list we had last time.
- Hard requirement is the core - 32 cores would work.
- We can use miners + ecosystem partners, since they will have the hardware, so it makes things easier.
We need to define ahead of time: how much time we are going to run, what is the threshold of people in the group? @Jonathan Victor we can poke people around
We need to find someone who will cover different timezones, someone in Asia, and someone from the US to cover troubleshooting
We should find someone on the Dev side who lives in Asia, so we can support and troubleshoot in the same time zone.
We need to also think about the security aspect when doing this, where @jake can help, with learning from last time.
Half of the battle is keeping everyone in the loop since we don’t want to waste slots. We need to proactively keep an eye and monitor who contributed to 1 or circuits. @jake we need to make everyone contribute to both circuits.
We need to have an org lead(who is next, reminders, pinging people...) + tech lead who will know the command, who would be able to explain how to use it, to troubleshoot
JP Aumasson would be ideal, he would need a couple