Explore Web3 space focusing on protocols and answering these three questions:
- What is Web3 today?
- What does Web3 need in terms of cryptographic primitives?
- What are the needs of the future?
Span of this effort: Q1-2022
- Upgrade internal knowledge about the web3 scene and develop an internal understanding of what’s next (Irene/Rosario/Luca)
- We externalize our understanding via paper and a conference placing our organization as point of reference for this research (Rosario)
- Spin off into a protocol/product that that is high impact and that we have the best team to work on (MPC/Threshold network, Data availability, others?) (Irene/Luca)
- List of protocols/products we studied and we are now experts
- List of open open problems (possibly with prioritization based on impact)
- List of cryptographic primitive that we believe are are key tools
- Plan for the the rest of the year
@Luca @Deleted User @Irene(DRI)